Rise of pretty-faced entrepreneurs with heavy pockets- Kardashians
Just like god there is someone out there who is omnipresent- a star family called ‘Kardashians’, if you don’t like them- it is okay because I don’t either but here is the catch, they do not exist for you to love them, they are surviving because they are ‘the’ obsession.
Now I know it gets boring, shallow and worth barfing when you see bunch of girls being famous for being famous but if you drill down the way you look at them, you will realise they are nothing but Smart people with millions of followers, over-enthusiastic PR team and not a single fuck to give to their haters.
Let’s breakdown the empire they secretly built over the years, which we failed to notice because we were too busy judging their lifestyle.
Kardashian Family (Also known as Kardashian-Jenner Family) is famous for being part of a reality show called, ‘Keeping up with Kardashians’ it was launched shortly after an infamous sex tape of Kim Kardashians hit the internet. A family which probably invented the phrase, ‘When life lives you sex tape- you build a billion-dollar empire on top of it.’
The Kardashians consist of Kris Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian West and Khloé Kardashian, also Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Before I go ahead and discuss what we can learn from them, let’s talk about where they are currently standing.
Career Summary: CEO KKW Beauty line, Influencer, Reality show producer
Net Worth: 350 Million USD
Occupation: Media personality, entrepreneur, socialite, model, actress
Career Summary: CEO of Kylie Skin / Kylie Cosmetics
Net Worth: 1 Billion USD
Occupation: Social Media Influencer, Entrepreneur, Television Personality
Career Summary: She has been the world’s highest-paid model twice in a row
Net Worth: 32 Million USD
Occupation: Fashion model, television personality
Career Summary: She makes money from her reality TV show and endorsement deals
Net Worth: 35 Million USD
Occupation: Television personality, socialite, businesswoman, model
Career Summary: Reality Star, CEO of Good American Denim line and producer of Crime show ‘twisted sisters’
Net Worth: 40 Million USD
Occupation: Media personality, socialite, businesswoman, model
- Rob Kardashian
Career Summary: TV personality who appears on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Rob & Chyna on E!.
Net Worth: 10 Million USD
Occupation: Television personality, businessman, fashion designer, socialite
- Kris Jenner
Career Summary: Manager to all Kardashians and Producer of the show
Net Worth: 60 Million USD
Occupation: television producer, talent manager, businesswoman, socialite
Career Summary: TV personality who appears on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and I am Cait on E!
Net Worth: 100 Million USD
Occupation: Sports athlete, Author, television star
At the conference, Re/code co-editor Kara Swisher asked Kim Kardashian: “Why do people not take you seriously?”
Kim Kardashian answered interestingly, though very few media outlets reported it:
“I don’t know. That is a question that sometimes I get frustrated with. I pride myself with my work ethic, and I work really hard. I think when people hear that I might have gotten success off of a ‘reality show,’ they take that as a negative. We’re in our tenth season. We have more episodes than ‘I Love Lucy.’ We have so many milestones that people don’t think about.”
Here are a few things you can learn from them:-
- People are always going to talk: One thing which I believe every entrepreneur can learn from them is that once you reach a certain position people are going to talk about you and it won’t always be good things. It takes a lot to build a thick skin.
- The worst thing that can happen is that it won’t work: If I start calculating, there are more than 60+ experiments this family has done in multiple genres of business (reality show, books, makeup, perfume line, kids clothing, aviation company etc.) and a lot of them are dunzo, shut but not even a single loss made them feel upset enough never to experiment again, and we all know about Billion Dollar Lipstick Moghul- Kylie Jenner.
- Social Media has a more significant impact than you think: Kardashian family is sitting on 100s of millions of followers, and they completely understand what it means. If you don’t know by now, Social media is an exceptionally lucrative way of making money these days. Not only money, but it is also a great way of connecting with the audience and make yourself come out as more human and approachable as a person.
- Support causes you to believe in: Kardashians, I think are most misunderstood people of all time, even though they all come out as shallow, socialite gone wild- they have a very close-knit family, and they openly support causes they believe in, Namely — Children’s Hospital, Dream foundation, Soles4Souls, Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation and Hurricane Harvey Relief.
- Have a USP: No one knows how to grab attention better than the Kardashian Clan. There is a reason their tie-ups, business propositions and lifestyle goes so viral- They have which a lot of people don’t- MASSIVE SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING. And no one knows better than them to leverage it.
-She hangs out with certain people and is not ashamed of leveraging her network into her favour, which helps in selling their lifestyle faster, smarter, and in a much more fancier way.
- Another thing which sets them apart is that they know why people are following them (tits, booty, sweaty content) and they entertain that kind of audience- no, it doesn’t make them ‘whore’, They know they are the trendsetter, and nothing can stop them.
When are so busy focussing on over the top entrepreneurs with gloried degrees and titles that we often forget that a lot like love, entrepreneurship happens when you least expect it to happen and in a jungle full of stereotypes- let’s celebrate women who are bending the industries in a way we never expected it to.